Monday, November 12, 2012

Catch Up

 Friday 11/9

Spent the day at the beach walking around. Way too cold to get in the water! It was supposed to be 0% chance of rain... light rain and cloudy all day. We made it work.
Headed to Carlos and Charlies where Shane got the desert menu stamped on his arm. I was hungry the rest of the day 
Erin and I took silly pictures at Coco Bongo. 
We actually have many more pictures from Friday, but they are all on Erin's other camera. I can't connect it to my computer because she forgot the adapter and my sim card slot it different but I will post them all later when she gets home!

Saturday 11/10

 Today we visited Rio Secreto! They load everyone up into a van and drive down a bumpy dirt road for about 15 minutes to the cave. We were given sopping wet wet suits and water shoes and started trekking down a dirt path in the jungle. Before we could enter the cave we stopped by a Mayan man who blessed us and our journey into the cave. When we headed into the cave it was a lot to take in. I have never been in a living cave and many of the Stalactites were still dripping down the rain water. It was absolutely beautiful. I was a bit bummed for a minute because we were only walking through light amounts of water. I thought you floated through the whole thing. Eventually we made it to the part where you float and it was easily worth the walk. We just drifted down into the cave taking in the view. Unfortunately we couldn't bring our own cameras so all of the pictures were ones their photographer took for us. The water was cold but very refreshing. At one point they had everyone turn off their lights and we just sat in the water in total darkness. Loved the whole experience and would definitely do it again. 




Later in the day we took the bus and headed out on the town. Grabbed some grub and a few drinks and enjoyed a little night life. 








Sunday 11/11

Headed out early, hung over from our night on the town, to Isla Mujeres
First things first.
Loaded onto a boat for a 45 minute ride to the island 

 Rented a golf cart and drove around exploring the beauty of the island
Went into a little aquarium full of turtles and other fun sea life
 
I love turtles!
Took the boat home!

I have a billion photos of the last three days, but this is all I could manage for the moment. Maybe I will put up a slide show later. 
:)




2 comments:

  1. I miss you!!! I wish I were there! Hi Erin!!!! <3 Cray

    ReplyDelete
  2. Looks like so much fun!

    ReplyDelete